There’s no doubt that online sports betting provides a uniquely profitable opportunity for the sports enthusiasts. You can play all sports games anytime and anywhere without even stepping out of your comfort home. All that you need is a computer or smartphone with Internet access.
There are several types of betting offered online. Before placing your first bet, you need to understand the different types of bets in sports betting.
- Fixed Odds: Fixed odds betting is the most popular form of sports betting, both online and offline, in which the bookmaker offers odds for sports events. Common fixed odds bets include the win bet, each-way bet and place bet.
- Spread Betting: It is increasingly popular and requires accuracy rather than predicting the outcomes of an event. The bookmaker gives an advantage to the weaker team and the customer bets on whether the actual outcome will be higher or lower than the sportsbook’s prediction. Wins are determined by the difference the operator’s prediction and the actual result and the wager made.
- Live Betting: In live betting, bets are made on real time proportions about outcomes within a sporting event. Live betting may also refer to placing wagers on the outcome of an event after that events has started. Live betting has grown in popularity and now accounts for 50-70% of bets for some online bettors.
- Parimutuel Betting: It is a system where bettors place their bets in a pool and after the outcome of an event is known, the payout odds are calculated and the winnings are distributed among all the winning bets, minus the fee to the operator.
- Parlays: A parlay involves multiple bets and rewards successful bettors with a large payout. For example, a bettor could include four different wagers in a four-team parlay, whereby he is wagering that all four bets will win. If any of the four bets fail to cover, the bettor loses the parlay, but if all four bets win, the bettor receives a higher payout.
For bettors that have been around for a while, TBSBet gives you everything you could need and more. The site has every feature and market you could want as a sports bettor, and are the best for regular customer promotions and odds boosts and things like that.